Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I need your suggestions

So, we were going to get Clara a play kitchen and just hadn't purchased it yet for Christmas.  This past weekend I was in Utah staying at Julie's house and Cathy and Karen came to play too.  When I told Cathy I was going to get the kitchen she said she had seen super cute ones that people made from nightstands.  So, we googled it and I said to myself, I could totally do that ..by Christmas (silly me).  So, Monday I found a nightstand for $8 at D.I....

Here we are Tuesday night - Thanks to Adam for cutting the needed wood and making it look like this:

Then here it is painted:
And here is the material that will be a curtain where the bottom drawer was.



Now, I need your help deciding what vinyl lettering to put at the top.  The stove will look like a gas grill that is black and the faucet and handles will be silver.  So, I need to know what color of vinyl (white, the green in the fabric, the blue in the fabric, black?) along with what it should say.  We thought "Clara's Kitchen" would be cute, but then she'll have a sister here soon who will eventually play with it...so, any other suggestions? 

4 comments:

  1. How talented are you?! That looks fantastic. I am feeling zero creative flow right now to assist you in the naming of the kitchen... so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think. . .White vinyl and Sugar and Spice. (It would be pretty) But, the fabric is a little funky so if you had all the colors of the fabric in vinyl it'd be cool too.

    I think it is adorable and you did a great job - by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Kiss the cook" :) Just a thought. It looks awesome though! Way to go! And I would do the blue color in the fabric. It would really pop. Whatever you do though, Clara will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are amazing! Love, love, love the fabric. It's going to be soooo cute, can't wait to see the finished product. I love either the bright blue or the green for the lettering and how about "Hegstrom's Cafe" or something corny like that. I like "Kiss the Cook" too.

    ReplyDelete