Monday, September 27, 2010

Just what I needed

I went to the General Relief Society broadcast on Saturday night with my mom, Heidi, and Teresa, and it was exactly what I needed to hear.  I have a lot of work to do!  I feel so fortunate and so thankful to be married to a husband who is perfect for me and for a little daughter who is healthy and happy.  I generally try to be a happy person and point out the positive, but lately I feel like I have been having my own little pitty party.  I feel so ridiculous now for ever feeling like my life is hard, because in reality I have it pretty dang easy when compared to the rest of the world!  I have come to the realization that if I can't or refuse to find joy in my life now, how can I expect that when I am in a more 'ideal' situation that I will be happy!?  So that's what I'm going to do...be happy and thankful for the here and now since my attitude is all I can have control over. 

So, here are 5 things I'm grateful for TODAY:
Adam's job and that he enjoys it
The beautiful weather that still feels like summer - weird, but awesome!
Clara's little voice - so cute
My own office to work in - much better than the cubicle I used to be in
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches - that's what I had for lunch  (and yes, it's only 11:36 and I already ate my lunch - lay off me I'm starving!)

I will plan to post a minimum of 5 things I'm grateful for every week until...hmmm...how about Thanksgiving!?  That's 8 weeks, so at least 40 things I'm grateful for...totally doable!

No comments:

Post a Comment