Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What to read?

For the past ten years or so, I have pretty much only read long (non-children's/picture) books for the following reasons: school, church, for information on pregnancy and parenting, studying for the cpa exam (4-1,000 page books...super boring books, mind you), and 3 specific times I can remember for fun.  Reading can be fun, but because of the not-so-fun reasons and the amount of time spent on the not-so-fun reasons in the past few years of my life, I haven't even WANTED to pick up a novel to read for fun. 

Last night we went to the library to pick up a book Adam had on hold and to get some books for Clara and as we were about to check out, I thought...hmm, maybe I should pick a book up for myself.  So, I just started looking in the 'new' section to see if anything caught my eye.  Then I though...hey dummy, you're in a 3 story (I think - I don't even know how many stories there are, that's how much I have avoided reading!) library and you have no clue what you want to read, what if you pick a real doozy or one with tons of swearing.  So, that's where a lovely thing like a blog comes in handy and the world wide web!  So, I will be looking for some books to read in the next little while that could be found at my local library, but could REALLY use any recommendations as to what I should read!  So, please oh please, throw them my way.  I am open to pretty much anything...something light and entertaining might be nice to get me started, but ones that make you think would also be fun.

2 comments:

  1. Hunger Games! Im reading it now, SO good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello cuz! Just read through your whole blog! I am so excited that you have one now! So I am a weirdo and I love reading Anita Stansfield books. They are like real life love stories (only they are made up) so there is always a real conflict and then it ends happy. Love them. Some people love the Twlight books. I read through all of them and still don't have a crush on high school boys so it must not have worked for me. :) I can't wait until we can hang out more. Love your guts!

    ReplyDelete