Here are some things that happened in 2010 - we have only had a blog since August (I think), so thought it would be good to record things that happened throughout the year.
January - I turned 25 and had an awesome birthday week...Adam thinks it's silly that I celebrate for a week, but I think it's silly that people only celebrate for a day!
February - We went to McCall with the Hegstrom family to celebrate Adam and Aaron's (his brother) graduations from BSU. Adam graduated the previous August with a Bachelors in Business Administration and Aaron graduated in December with a Bachelors in Finance...I think. :) Anyhoo - we stayed in the Simplot cabin that I get to use once a year since I'm an employee. We went snowmobiling, sledding, swimming at the hot springs in New Meadows, ate at Lardo's, ate lots of other good food, stayed up with the babies at night, did some puzzles, played games, watched movies, and had a grand old time!
March & April - I honestly don't remember one thing from these months...other than the usual things that happen like Sunday dinners at both sides of the family...that's why blogs and journaling are so good! I know Easter and St. Patricks day happened...does that count?!
May - Clara turned 1! She got a bucket swing that dad hung in the big tree in the front yard. He has a nice scar on his belly to prove it! I thought she was big then, but goodness, she's still growing up too fast!
June - Lots of unseasonably cold weather. It rained for the first 2-3 weeks. We were hoping for sun and wanting to go swimming. So, no wakeboarding happened this month...sad!
July - Celebrated our third wedding anniversary - Adam planned it this year and we went to the Melting Pot for dinner. It was so yummy! Clara started to prefer walking to crawling and really took off. We had the Callister family reunion in McCall at Ponderosa park. Lots of fun in the water, a few hilarious lip syncs, and playing with cousins. Adam turned 27 and kinda got gypped because we were at the Callister reunion for his birthday. We also got a pool pass for the last half of the summer at the Boise pools and went swimming quite a few times with Clara. She always seemed to like it and it made her sleep well at night!
August - Had the Hegstrom reunion - a day at the lake, a yummy breakfast, service at the church, swimming at the Meridian Pool, and a dinner to end it right.
September - Adam got a new job at Quest Groups. I think this is also the month we went to Sun Valley for Labor day and spent some time with Adam's cousins.
October - Aaron and Jamie welcomed Quinn Hegstrom into their family. Clara started to go to Cathy's house to be watched during the day while I was at work. Adam was a nasty trucker for Halloween, Clara was a monkey, and I was a lame-o who didn't dress up!
November - Thanksgiving was at my parent's this year. We had the whole fam in town and it was a non-stop weekend of fun.
December - Either this was an eventful month, or I just remember it well because it just happened. Early in the month we went to Portland with Adam's work for their Christmas party. We rented out our house and moved in with my parents. Then I put in my notice at work to stay home with Clara! (I will still work two days a week to help transition my replacement at work, but I'm so excited to be home more!) Teresa and Jason welcomed Ammon Peery into their family. Christmas was with the Hegstroms and we were way too spoiled by everyone! New years eve, Adam and I went snowboarding at Tamarack where it was a chilly -15 degrees (yes, I said negative!). It was a fun day. Other than the fact that I ended up getting a fat lip from face planting and Adam hit a tree branch and had a nice welt. Fun times! :) We rang in the new year by eating yummy appetizers and going to sleep at 10.
Sounds like a fantastic year. I know you'll enjoy staying home with Clara. I'm sure you'll end up with some great stories to share with all of us.
ReplyDeleteWhew, that was a very busy year. Plus working full time . . . did you say that anywhere? What a party to live next door to Cathy and hang out with your Mom. Sounds dreamy to me! I think it's a great move in the right direction.
ReplyDelete