Thursday, January 20, 2011

I have a hard time thinking of titles for posts.  Is it just me?

I'm now only working two days a week and I could definitely get used to it!  It seems though that since I've been "home" I haven't actually been home much if you know what I mean. 

Cathy and I cleaned the temple while my mom and dad watched our girls last Monday.  It was a neat experience.  Wednesday of last week I played with my sister Teresa most of the day.  Then Friday of last week we had a baby shower for my sister Heidi in the morning, then played with Jamie and her kids and Grandma and Grandpa Hegstrom in the afternoon.  Whew!

I also had a birthday last Thursday.  The big 26.  Adam got me a salon certificate and a trip to Utah to go snowboarding on President's Day weekend.  Thanks Julie for agreeing to babysit while we do that!  Cathy made me a birthday cake on Thursday even while she was watching Clara AND made us all taco salad.  It was all so yummy!  Then, on Friday night we went on a mover/dinner date to the Dilemma and Macaroni Grill.  The movie was pretty funny and the food delicious!  I also was spoiled by both sides of our family on the Sunday dinners earlier in the month.  What more can a girl ask for!?   

Then this Monday, Kendra took me sledding/tubing in Garden Valley for my birthday while Jake and Joann watched our kids.  It was a lot of fun.  I would have peed my pants if it was any faster or dangerous, so thank goodness the sledding runs were slower and kinda slushy from the rain earlier that morning! :)  I heard someone say that on a normal day, people can get up to 12 feet of air!  I don't know if that is true, but if it is yikes!  That sounds like hurty-ness!  Wednesday was a play date with Jamie and Joselyn and Quinn in the morning. 

It's amazing how our schedule just fills right up each week.  I'm hoping for some more down time in the next few weeks although it has all been loads of fun!

Clara is loving living with Grandma (She calls her damma and no she's not swearing) and Grandpa (Papa).  She also loves to watch the many ducks that walk by daily and the cat (Peanut) that sticks around their house.  One funny thing is that sometimes Peanut tries to sneak inside and I always shoe it out and say, "Out" and now whenever Clara sees the cat she says, "cat, out!"

Also, a week ago or so, Clara somehow got out of her crib.  I don't know how she did it, but I heard her crying extra loud when she was supposed to be going down for her nap, so I went in to check on her and she was standing right outside her crib.  She was able to walk just fine and use her arms/hands - so luckily wasn't injured, but I'm interested in how she landed!  She hasn't tried it again (YET), but we should probably put her in a toddler bed so she doesn't injure herself.  I am a bit reluctant to do that so early though.  She's only 20 months.  I thought I had a good 6 months until she would try that!  Any advice on that?

3 comments:

  1. This isn't advice necessarily but. . . out of necessity I had to put my kids in a toddler bed by 18 months so the next baby had a crib. They all did just fine and I actually loved the independence of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had to move Lucy to a big bed (we skip the toddler bed transition) at 18 months, because she was bailing out of her crib...she looked so tiny in a twin bed...but she did great! My next two I waited 'til about 2 yrs. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun that you get to stay 'home' more. It really is a secret that stay at home moms really don't get to stay at home very much. I bet you have fun living next to Cathy. She is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete