Adam started a new job last week. He is now working for Social Media Guru's and is already visibly happier and is home more often which I love! He used to come home from his last job physically and mentally exhausted and would immediately want to go to bed. He was under a lot of stress and on top of that it wasn't the best environment for him. We both felt it was time for him to look elsewhere and it turned out that he was able to start a new job within two weeks of when he was done at the previous job. Adam shared his testimony today at church. He explained that he got a distinct impression in a priesthood leadership meeting that he needed to leave his job but didn't know how everything would work out. He talked about taking the leap of faith and trusting that everything will work out, even when it's scary or uncomfortable. We both feel so blessed and know that the Lord is aware of us and our little family.
My parents left for their mission in Salt Lake City on October 3rd. We were busy a few weeks before they left cleaning out every room and sifting through extremely valuable items such as: letters to and from everyone since 1964, home made coupon books that haven't been redeemed, millions of birthday and thank you cards, old treasures, christmas cards/pictures that my parents have received for many years, sheet music, pictures, slides, cassette tapes, and we even found a menu from the hospital when my Grandma Nina had delivered my Aunt Sue (why my mom had that and why she wouldn't let me throw it away, I'll never know). :) It just shows what can accumulate after living in a house for 40 years! Lots of great memories and lots of...Stuff! I was actually very proud of my mom and dad for the stuff they DID get rid of. I know they like to keep lots of stuff and they let us take many loads to D.I. and many piles to the trash. At lease we don't have to do it all after they pass away, right?
I've been taking a parenting class for a few weeks by Carleen Tanner - if you want to check out her blog, you can google it, she is awesome! There are notes there for each class and she offers audio CD's if you are far away and would want to hear her. There are so many ideas she gives and if I tried to do it all I would be overwhelmed, but she makes sure to help us know that if we change something sometimes, we have successfully tried to get better. That is the most important part. I have noticed myself being more laid back and trying to find more joy in my day rather than being caught up in all the stuff that needs to be done...and WHEN it needs to be done. I love my girls and with the right perspective I can make sure I am making good use of the time I have to really influence their lives. It is really a short amount of time which is why I'm so grateful I am able to stay home with them.
I can't believe the new announcement about missionary ages. It is so exciting! I know that I would have gone on a mission had that been an option. It will be interesting to see how everything unfolds.
Over and out...tomorrow we are doing the Krista Carnival...if you want to know what that is, you'll have to wait til I post about it which hopefully won't be months and months from now. Don't be jealous.
I am totally looking up her blog, I feel like I am a parenting disaster these days! And a cabin??!! How FUN IS THAT?! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteToo late, I'm already jealous. The carnival sounds super fun. Good job on starting cool traditions.
ReplyDeleteI'm waiting for pictures and report on the carnival. Tell all!
ReplyDelete