So to play catchup...
Here is how our story began - Adam and I met each other at BSU in a general business class in 2006. It actually wasn't even a class I needed to graduate and later I was like, "Why did I even sign up for that worthless class?" But obviously there was a higher power involved! I was actually waiting for a missionary at the time and wasn't looking for dating prospects. I just sat by a friend, Nate, in that class and Adam also happened to be friends with Nate - so that is how we met. Nothing came of it until after the class was almost coming to a close and he bought a crotch rocket. He asked me to go on a ride and I said heck yes. Nothing came of that except for the start of us passing notes in class, because I'm telling you, it was a super boring class. He then snaked my phone number when Nate got a new phone and needed my phone number again. Then later after school let out, I went to a friends missionary farewell and it just so happened that it was Adam's cousin, Nick. I don't know why I remember this, but it was also mothers day...not really important, but there you go! That night I got a phone call from Adam saying, "A bunch of people are coming over for a movie night, so if you want you could come over too." So, I did. And come to find out it was just Adam and his roommate Terrance (who decided about ten minutes into the movie that he should go to bed). So, what I thought was a bunch of people getting together for a movie was Adam and me...and that's it. So sneaky! After this it was pretty much history - there was an ugly breakup involved with the missionary - but all in all everything ended up feeling right and we were married a year later in July 2007.
We bought a cute little old house right when we got married in Boise close to BSU. We thought we would only be there for 3-5 years, but with the housing market we will probably be here for a while.
We spent the first year after we were married going to school (me for my Masters in Accountancy and Adam for his Bachelors in Business Management), and working (me at J. R. Simplot Company and him at the Water Ski Pro Shop) and with our spare time and money we wakeboarded, snowboarded, camped, etc.
In September of 2008 we found out that we were going to have a baby sometime in May and then found out it was a girl on January 13, 2009 (it was my birthday so that's how I remembered!) Clara Lynn was born on May 22nd, 2009 and since then our world has been completely changed for the better. We love her so much and are so glad to have her in our lives.
Adam graduated in August of 2009 and has been on the job hunt since then and just recently secured a job with Quest Groups - he starts September 1st! We are so excited! He will be working as a head hunter finding jobs in the technology sector. I have been working the past year and just recently passed my CPA exams and will be certified as soon as my paperwork goes through. Our sister-in-law Jamie has been watching Clara while we work and we really appreciate her help during this time! Hopefully sometime soon I will be a stay at home mom and have a few more babies!
Clara turned one in May (which was way too fast) and that's why I need to start a blog! Because she is growing up way too fast!



No comments:
Post a Comment