Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Random Happenings

Adam has some time at home before he starts his new job, so today he took Clara to the zoo with his sister Ashlee and two cousins Krystal and Etta and their kiddos.  I met them at the park after they went through the zoo and Adam said Clara loved the zoo.  She kept pointing and saying 'Woah!" to all the animals.  Cute stuff!

We have half heartedly taken away Clara's binky.  She can do okay, but it definitely takes longer for her to fall asleep.  Her daddy is a sucker because she cries and cries and he can't take it.  So, he ends up giving it to her.  But when I'm the only one there, she finally falls asleep after about a half hour of wailing and/or just talking and jabbering in her crib.  I'm not too worried about it.  She's only 15 months old, but I just was hoping to take it away before she can ask for it!  :)

Last Friday I had to use my last vacation day...poor thing, I know...and so Clara and I went to my mom and dad's for famous pancake Friday's (my dad is a man of routine and if it is Friday, you can bet that they will have pancakes! And you can also bet he will have one with an egg, one with honey, two with syrup, and two with jam...funny funny stuff!) and then went window shopping with my mom for a new entry way table, and then my dad got his boat ready and we went boating.  It was loads of fun despite the 65-70 degree weather plus wind!  It was a little chilly, but that made it an even better day for skiing because there literally was only two other boats there!  So, if you stayed on the side where the mountain blocked the wind, it was GLASS!  Loved it!  It was Cathy (my sister) and her baby Sarah, my niece Allie, my dad, and Clara and me.  My mom and Heidi and the rest of the Peery family came up later, but I left right as they were coming. 

On Friday night we went to the temple with Adam's family to do sealings for some of their family names then out to dinner to Olive Garden.  It was a fun night out.  Two of my nieces, Allie and Brooke, babysat together and then spent the night.  I think they had fun and Clara loves them!  We're lucky to have such great families.

Lately we have been loving bike rides with Clara's bike trailer lately as the weather has been unseasonably cold, but pleasant for bike rides.  We live really close to the river, so it is fun to just go to the green belt and ride for a little while.

We're still trying to decide what to do for the Labor Day weekend.  It will probably either be camping or going to Sun Valley...we shall see!

3 comments:

  1. I got your email, glad you started a blog, now I can stalk you and you won't even know!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too, me too! I want to stalk you :) I love the pictures of Clara- she's so cute, and 15 months old...WHAT!? Happens to the best of 'em I guess. I love keeping up with people through blogs, it makes us all feel closer than the actual miles between us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krista, so glad you've joined the blogging world! Can't wait for cute pictures of that baby girl. But I have to say I'm with Adam--give poor Clara her binki back. She's still got a few more months of joy. She's not going to grow up with it forever. All my kids have turned out fine, and they had binki's until their 2nd birthday. Then it got "broken." They still carried it around, and slept with it, but were totally fine.

    ReplyDelete