Friday, October 8, 2010

Clara-isms

Clara has done some funny stuff lately that I want to document. 

The other day I was getting the mail and she was trailing along behind me.  When I turned around to head toward the house she didn't follow, but continued straight into the road.  I told her to come back and she wasn't listening, so I started to count.  It was the first time I had ever tried that 'technique', so she was probably confused...but I said 'One', and she said 'Two!?"  all sassy-like!  SO cute!  I couldn't help but laugh and then grab her from the road of course!

She is getting all four of her one-year-old molars right now (and for the past month...takes so long) so she has been up some nights.  When Adam went up there one of the nights at 3 a.m. he was holding her and thought she was all the way asleep, then she reached up and grabbed his nose and said 'honk honk' then never made a sound after that...so funny!  She did the same thing to me when I was trying to get her to sleep a different night.  That same night as I tried to lay her in her crib because I thought she was asleep, she opened her eyes and said 'no, no, no!' behind her little binky, then when I sat back down with her she was almost asleep again.  How do they know when you're about to put them down? 

She likes to brush her teeth, but she HATES it when I help her.  So, she likes to brush our teeth for us which is so helpful and while she does she makes a cute little face showing her bottom teeth, like this picture...

 And here are a few more cute brushing pictures in the last few weeks.  She's a silly...


She is talking up a storm lately.  I read something that kids from 18-24 months would learn a new word every 90 seconds and I think she's pretty close to that some times.  My favorite thing she says right now is 'more dat' and does the sign language for more and even though I don't like that she knows the word, she said 'Cookie' - so cute.  Just last night she helped me make cookies and so I let her have half of one before bed and she kept pointing up to the counter with her mouth full of cookie saying 'cookie? cookie?' because she wanted more. Cute and pitiful! :)

3 comments:

  1. So much fun. Life is just better when you have a little girl!
    (Glad to see Dad finally decided to brush his teeth.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well look at you and your blog. Cute!

    ReplyDelete