Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween photo shoot and thankfuls

A week and a half ago while Clara was at Jamie's house during the day, Terri, my mother-in-law, came over and took pictures of the girls (Clara and Jamie's daughter Joselyn) in their Halloween outfits and then later just playing together.  Here are some of those.  Clara had fun on the trampoline and had some awesome static hair in some of them!  So funny!







Not quite sure what Clara is doing here, but it looks like she got that dance move from the 80's!






And my five thankfuls for the week:
1 - My mom - I'm thankful for everything she has done for our family.  She is probably the most self-less person that I know and hardly ever takes a moment to think of herself.  I remember my grandma telling me that when my mom was little and was thirsty, she would ask everyone else if they would like a drink before she got one for herself - so she has always been one to look out for others first.  I have learned a lot from her, but have SO much more to learn when it comes to being a good mom, cook, canner, and just person in general (and lots of other stuff I'm probably forgetting).  So, she better stick around for at least 40 more years! Okay mom?
2 - My dad - he has always been a good example of working hard, patience, and being frugal.  We always had a garden while I was growing up, even if it was small some years, but now he takes care of a huge garden and is out there from probably 6 a.m. to 2 p.m some days in the summer.  And this is during his retirement when he should just take naps all day and go golfing.  He was a high school teacher (which requires a LOT of patience I'm sure) before retirement and taught drivers training in the evening and summers(and still does - and would probably require TONS of patience) .  He has always worked hard like this since I can remember.  Same goes for you dad...you better stick around for a while too!

Okay, I'll make the rest shorter! :)
3 - Rain, especially the smell of it!
4 - Umbrellas
5 - Blogs

4 comments:

  1. SO CUTE! Love the little monkey costume! She is getting so big! Time just goes way too fast once you have a kid :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. is there anything cuter than a miniature person in a halloween costume? absolutely not. and her, here on nona and ed, they're keepers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All around cuteness! She's getting so big, Krista!!!

    ReplyDelete