Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters!

A few days ago one of my cousins wrote on her blog that she was grateful for all of her sisters and I want to copy her because I am SO grateful for all my sisters! 

Teresa - such a great example to me in living the gospel, being a mother, and patience.  If you didn't know, she is going to have her ninth child in December and we're so excited to meet him.  Anyone who has that many kids and is still sane is amazing in my books!  But she isn't just SANE, she's seriously an amazing mom!  She has a lot of energy and is always up for a party.  Incredible!

Christy - amazing at crafts, gardening, sewing, and many other things.  Is raising five wonderful children and has put up with my brother for many years. :) So grateful for all the memories and talks we have had over the years and for the support I feel from her.  She is also so willing to help those around her and make them feel loved and included.  That is a talent I wish I was better at.

Julie - so much fun...so many other things too, but when I think of Julie, I think of fun.  We always have a great time together, I feel like I can talk to her about anything and I know that she genuinely wants the best for me and for those around her as well.  She also has such a big heart and shows love and compassion to everyone.  She is a great mom - has raised two fun kids.  I wish she would move closer!

Heidi - is a very generous person and likes to help those around her.  She has raised such a smart little boy and will welcome a little girl in February.  She is so talented at cross-stitch and actually enjoys it!  Wow!  I admire how happy she is and am grateful to call her my sister.

Cathy - I think out of all my sisters, Cathy and I are probably most alike...I feel like she really gets me.  Not that my other sisters don't, but you know what I mean, right?  I feel blessed to have her so close to me so we can play together at least one night a week and to have her be able to watch Clara now while I'm at work.  She is pretty much good at everything and is always serving others. 

Karen - this girl is determined, awesome at music, so much fun to be around, and a little scary if you want to wrestle her! :)  (side note: Karen once told Cathy that before Cathy could marry anyone, they would have to beat her at wrestling.  Luckily Nathan was able to (even though my mom thought it was inappropriate for a girl to wrestle a boy)!) Back on topic, I feel like I can talk to Karen about anything and she'll understand.  I wish she would move closer too!    

Ashlee - always charitable and concerned about other people's well-being.  She has the most kind heart and if she had a choice, everyone would always win! :)  She is a great mom to her four kids, is easy to talk to, and is a great friend to me.  My favorite times with her are when her kids aren't around AND it's around 11 p.m. because she gets really giggly and funny!  Love it!  I am lucky Adam has an awesome sister!

Jamie - very organized, fun, and caring towards those around her.  She watched Clara over the last year while I was at work and also took care of her two kids.  Now she has welcomed one more to the mix and, as far as I can tell, is handling that addition beautifully.  I miss being able to chat with her a little every day when I came to pick up Clara.  I feel like I can talk to her about anything.  I'm lucky Adam's brother got such a great catch.

I am one lucky girl to have so many great sisters.  When I was little I didn't feel very close to any of my sisters because I am 6 years younger than Karen, the next youngest in my family.  Now I'm grateful that they could go before me and set great examples and it turns out I have a close relationship with all of them now.  I'm also SO fortunate that I married into a family with more great sisters.  Sisters are the best friends anyone can have.  I feel bad for people that don't have any!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Krista, what an awesome post!! Let me just say that I am super glad my brother married such an awesome girl!! You are so fun, sorry everyone else but definitely the fun aunt. You are an amazing mom who worships and adores everything Clara does. And I am so glad you can laugh as loud as me, I love laughing together at 11pm hehe. Coming from a fam with no sisters I am grateful to have gained awesome sisters-in-law.

    ReplyDelete