Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Blessed

My cousin Amberly has challenged everyone to be more grateful this month.  I am going to try and step it up and post the things I'm grateful for more often than once a week for this month.  Join us!  It will be fun!

This past weekend we had a wonderful stake conference and I'm so grateful for that!  I'm grateful for leaders who are in tune with the spirit and who know exactly what I need to hear.  It was about families and temples.  Two simple things that bring me so much joy. 

I am grateful for my opportunity to vote.  Exercised that right last night and it felt good to check that off.

I'm really grateful for the internet.  I can find pretty much anything I am wondering about in an instant.

I'm so glad Thanksgiving is three short weeks away.  I decided that I'm not going to have any sweets (except Sundays...I need a cheat day) until Thanksgiving.  I ate way too much crap with Halloween here and I felt super fat, so here's to having self control!  I have already passed up a piece of chocolate cake Adam brought home last night, candy in the office, ice cream in my freezer, and some super yummy looking caramel apples from our friends, the Sullivan's - I'm hoping those will last in the fridge til Sunday!  See, I'm doing so good! :)

In other news... the other day Clara said my name...Krista, not Mom...seems too early to be doing that, but I think it's kinda cute.  She must have heard Adam call me that and decided she would join in.  I have been dealing with a cold this past week and with it comes lots of gross gunky stuff and losing my voice.  Clara kept saying 'Mommy' with a really low voice trying to mimmick my voice.  She makes me crack up a few times every day!  Love that girl!

1 comment:

  1. Aaron told me about your blog and I am so glad he did! It is fun to get to know you (Krista) and Clara on here, since we live so far away. Adam, your family is so cute and you look like you are all doing great. Just wanted to say hello and let you know you can snoop on our blog too, even though I rarely post.

    www.melandjoe.com

    ReplyDelete