Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Oh the cuteness of Clara

She has this adorable lisp when she says ‘S’ and ‘X’ in singing the ABC’s. 

She calls everything ‘fun’ or ‘funny’ or ‘silly’.  I have notice now how much I say those words.  No wonder she says them so much too.

She is getting how hide-and-seek works…kind of.  When I was hiding with her and she heard Cathy coming to find her, she looked at me all excited/scared.  Then Cathy said, “Is Clara in here?” and Clara said, “No” instead of just staying quiet.  Too funny.

She sometimes likes to wipe her hands off on a wet washcloth or paper towel in between eating each frozen blueberry because they’re a ‘mess’.

Everything is ‘Mine-a’ (said with sass).  Okay, that’s not always cute, but sometimes.

I usually have her clean up her toys when she’s done.  Lately I have found her now doing it on her own or telling me to put something away for her when she’s done with it.  Hopefully her tidiness will stick around for a while.

Anything she sings is adorable…teeter totter, abc’s, ring around the rosies, etc.  It’s amazing how many words she picks up from those songs!

Sometimes we both end up laughing our heads of when I’m trying to put her to bed at night, or for her nap.  She smooshes her little face up on my face and it makes me laugh.  Yesterday she kept trying to lick my face.  Gross, but hilarious.  I had to just end up putting her down and tell her goodnight, otherwise the laughing fest may have lasted a while. 

She has started saying, ‘Love you mommy’.  I’ll never get sick of that! 

A few weeks ago Clara was being a sass-a-frass and Adam said, “We don’t talk that way to mom, we say yes mother”.  So, now when she knows she’s in trouble and I give her the look, she’ll say, “Yes Mutter”.  It is so funny I can’t stay mad at her.

3 comments:

  1. Seriouslyy funny and adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - so why did I just figure out that you have a blog? Forgive me for being a dork :) - I love reading about your little family. Hurray for blogging! We need to get together again sometime my friend. Hey, and do you know what's super cool? The other person who commented is also named Cammy - but she spells her name wrong. Maybe someone should tell her. Just kidding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable! I totally agree. Cute stories. Tell us some more.

    ReplyDelete