It’s been so long since I blogged that I don’t even know where to start.
We moved into my aunt and uncle’s house in Caldwell (not scary Caldwell, more near Middleton! J) We are loving it, just trying to get used to planning for 30-45 minutes to get anywhere instead of 5-15.
Since we’ve been driving more, I’m getting more and more annoyed that our car only gets 22-24 mpg. It’s a small car, but since it’s a Subaru and AWD, it doesn’t get great gas mileage for its size. (Step up on soapbox – Adam is probably rolling his eyes if he’s reading this) The car I drove in high school was a 1985 Toyota Camry and it got an average of 30 miles per gallon. So, can anyone tell me why in 26 years of car making car companies can’t make a GAS engine that is more fuel efficient? Makes absolutely no sense. There are some cars that get up to maybe 40 mpg, but it is really rare. Most small-mid sized cars right now only get 28-32 or so. Ridiculous. Adam and I were just talking about it and it’s so silly that every other industry progresses, like speeds of internet, storage space for computers/devices, even soap for goodness sakes! So, if you are mechanically minded, here’s a business idea for you – make a gas engine that is more fuel efficient…? Sounds simple in my mind, but it probably isn’t that easy.
Anyhoo…next topic. Clara will be two in a few weeks. That went by way too fast for me. What is even crazier to me is that lots of people have kids 2 years apart (or less…yikes). If that is you, you are amazing and braver than me.
Tonight Kendra and her kids and Cathy and her daughter are coming over for a sleepover. It’s going to be awesome. And Adam will love his life! J
The end.
Sorry to burst your bubble Krista, but people don't usually buy subarus for their gas mileage. They're known for their reliability, AWD, and liberal/hippie bumper stickers. ;) If it makes you feel any better, I get 12 mpg in my subaru.
ReplyDeleteEcono boxes are a dime a dozen, pick you color and sell the subaru.
I was totally naive about Subarus - I thought they got great gas mileage - so soapbox away my friend. Happy b-day in two weeks to your little human! Hurray! Also, here's to slumber party happiness :)! Have so much fun!
ReplyDeleteAmen to the "somebody needs to invent an engine that gets better gas mileage," I hear ya! Specially at $3.95/gallon, yikes!
ReplyDeleteHappy B-day to your precious little spit-fire!