Clara turned two last month (I know I'm late)! I really don’t know how that happened. If you would have told me how fast it would go when she was 4 months old and colicky, I wouldn’t have believed you. Trust me, people told me that and I absolutely didn’t believe them. But here we are, she’s two whole years old, talking in sentences, being sassy and cute, and cracking us up every day.
Here are some of her latest funnies. She was fighting eating dinner – it was actually later than usual for dinner, so she was probably a little tired too. We told her she needed to eat just a few more bites and moved them to the side so she could see how much she needed to eat. Then, she proceeded to throw her head back and cry big crocodile tears. I sat down by her and said, “That’s not going to work, you still have to eat your food” and she stopped mid-scream and said, “Yes work!” I seriously had to try so hard not to crack up. What a little manipulator we have on our hands.
Today this conversation happened. Me: I want kisses! Clara: I want Daddy's body. She always says hold my body, but this was a new one!
The other day she was whining about everything and she stopped herself and said, "I stop crying!" And she just started talking in a normal voice. Where does she come up with this stuff?
For her birthday she got a felt book that has a barn and a bunch of animals and such you can play with on it. We were playing with it yesterday and I walked one of the animals up the steps to the loft. She followed me with her animal. Then she took mine and hers and threw them across the room. She then said, "My turn" and tried to climb into the book. Then she said, "I too big!" when she realized that it didn't work the way it did in her head.
Here are some of her latest funnies. She was fighting eating dinner – it was actually later than usual for dinner, so she was probably a little tired too. We told her she needed to eat just a few more bites and moved them to the side so she could see how much she needed to eat. Then, she proceeded to throw her head back and cry big crocodile tears. I sat down by her and said, “That’s not going to work, you still have to eat your food” and she stopped mid-scream and said, “Yes work!” I seriously had to try so hard not to crack up. What a little manipulator we have on our hands.
Today this conversation happened. Me: I want kisses! Clara: I want Daddy's body. She always says hold my body, but this was a new one!
The other day she was whining about everything and she stopped herself and said, "I stop crying!" And she just started talking in a normal voice. Where does she come up with this stuff?
For her birthday she got a felt book that has a barn and a bunch of animals and such you can play with on it. We were playing with it yesterday and I walked one of the animals up the steps to the loft. She followed me with her animal. Then she took mine and hers and threw them across the room. She then said, "My turn" and tried to climb into the book. Then she said, "I too big!" when she realized that it didn't work the way it did in her head.
She’s really such a sweet girl. For her birthday we got her a beta fish and it's still alive...knock on wood. She loves her fish and named him Colors. Every time she sees the fish she says, “My happy birthday fish!” and she loves to feed him “a little pitch”. She also got a whole lot of other presents from her grandparents and her aunts and uncles. She was pretty spoiled. All day on her birthday she kept singing happy birthday to everyone else (like grandma, her cousins, mom, and dad, etc.) and we told her that it was her birthday that day. Since then, she thinks everybody’s birthday is now her birthday too. Hmmm.
She loves to give us big squeezes around the neck and kisses – but only when it’s her idea. She loves to sing songs with us and sometimes by herself too. She’s definitely in the “I do it” stage. In some ways it’s nice and others it is frustrating, but what do you do – we love our little munchkin.
Adam and I are going to Maui in July to celebrate 4 years of marriage and just because. We’re so super excited. If there are any must-see’s or must-do’s there, let us know!
She is so cute! Love her little personality. Kinda reminds me of you Krista :)
ReplyDeleteShe's a Cutie! I love all of the tales :)
ReplyDeleteWhen we took the kids to Maui we took a boat out to Molokini (it's a crater out in the water) and Turtle bay to snorkel. That was first place that we did snuba. It is snorkeling with a scuba mask. We didn't need any certification, in case you both don't have it. We never did find any huge waves on Maui so we haven't been there again but, we didn't go in the summer so that may make a difference. Anyway have a wonderful time!
ReplyDelete