I apparently have been bad at taking pictures since August-ish - if I happen to find some I will add them later. But if I wait to look for pictures I will never write about all the things that have been happening around here.
So, in August Adam and I joined our friends Kim and Todd Allen and Matt Simmons in the 10K Dirty Dash at Bogus Basin. We hadn't trained at all and I was 16 weeks pregnant, but hey, it was a good and dirty time!
For Adam's birthday, Aaron and Jamie gave him a trip down the Boise River on paddle boards. The best part? It was a double date! So, we met up with them on a Friday night in August and they had all the equipment and we paddled on down! It was so much fun, even if I fell quite a few times and even if Adam tipped me over on purpose once. I guess I can't get too mad because it was his birthday present, right?
Now what happened in September...hmmm
For Labor Day my parents rented a huge cabin in Bear Lake that fit my whole family - we haven't been able to fit in one cabin since I was like 10 or something, so that was kind of fun. There were 38 of us. Rob brought his boat and we had a couple fun days in the water and on the beach. Karen's baby Jay was blessed that weekend and we got a big family picture.
One of the weekends in September went to the Hyde Park Street Fair with our friends Travis and Natalie Hessing. It was a good people watching and fair fooding experience.
We were lucky to get free tickets to the Zac Brown band - it was incredibly awesome! Adam was wanting to go, but tickets were so expensive - luckily I have an awesome cousin who has an awesome husband who hooked us up!
We have recently become the local babysitters of America. It started a few weeks ago, we had the Reed kids to our house for a sleep over while their parents got away for a much needed night away. It was lots of fun and we had a big sleepover in the living room. Then we played outside the next day. I wish I would have gotten pictures - what was I thinking? They were so cute playing together!
The next weekend we stayed at the Haddock's house with their kids while Rob and Christy got away for a belated anniversary celebration. Ashley had her homecoming that weekend so we got to see her all dolled up before we left that Saturday. I can't believe she's a SENIOR! That means I'm old when my own neice is graduating this year!
The next weekend (which was this past weekend) we stayed at the Peery's house with their kids while they went to Utah to go to their 20 year mission reunion - they actually met on their mission to France/Switzerland. They also were touring different areas of BYU with their oldest, Aaron - I can't believe he'll be old enough to go to college next year! Crazy! So, not much of a vacation for them, especially with taking their little baby Ammon, but at least they got a few things done on that trip.
Then this week we have been watching my cousin Kendra's kids at her house while they are on a work trip to Las Vegas. This is my first full week without working at Simplot so I've been a stay at home mom with 2 extra kids. It has been fun. I think Clara will be bored with just me next week - so we might embark upon potty training...should be exciting!
It was strange to have my last day at Simplot last Thursday - kind of bittersweet. I was there for 4 1/2 years and it was a great job and I really liked working there, but I am so excited we are at a place that I can stay home full time with Clara and this new little baby girl in February.
Yes, it's a girl if you didn't hear that yet. We took Clara to the ultrasound where we found out what we were having and as soon as they said it was a girl she said, "It's my sister" over and over again. She also asked when she was going to come out so she could hold her. Cute! Then as soon as we got out to the elevator she said, "I'm having a brother" ha! She's a silly.
So, I think that's the latest on us - sorry for the novel.
I'm so glad you updated your blog. I've been wondering what you've been up to. :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a crazy busy time for the babysitters of America :) You have more energy and gusto for life than anyone I know my friend. You are quite an impressive gal! Congrats on the baby news! I love that you're having a girl. Every little girl needs a sister. How much fun they'll have together!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the baby, I'm a little late but at least she wasn't born yet huh? #2 is so fun because #1 LOVES them!
ReplyDelete