Thursday, October 27, 2011

Silly talker

Clara's always been a big talker, but lately she really can't stop talking.  She is talking to herself right at this moment.

We've been telling her that her baby sister will be here after Christmas time, I'm realizing this is a mistake because she isn't coming until mid February.  This morning the first thing that came out of her mouth was, "Is it Chwisthmath time?"  I think she's a little excited.  Then when I told her it was Halloween time she proceeded to tell me all about her cousin Preston's birthday party we went to and how she likes sprinkles on sugar cookies.

Lately she's also been carrying around a huge old lady purse full of her stuff.  It makes it nice for me to not have to carry a diaper bag much anymore. She has pretend baby bottles in there, her papers, snacks, crayons, and sometimes stuffs her monkey or her dolly in it too.  Cracks me up.  I should have made her be an old lady for Halloween so she could carry around her purse to collect candy.  Too late, she looks so cute in her cowgirl outfit.

Clara also started violin lessons with her Grandma Haddock on a box violin until she gets a hang of treating it well.  Then she will get a real violin in a while.  She does really well when bribed with candy.  Otherwise she just wiggles around or pretends not to hear what we're asking her to do.  I will have to video tape her lessons because she really is so cute doing all her stuff.

I sure love this girl and am excited (and a little nervous) to see how she'll be as a big sister.  I think she'll do just fine though. 

Wish us luck, the day after Halloween we are embarking on potty training.  Send good vibes this way because we'll need all the help we can get.

2 comments:

  1. The reunion will be so fun this year with all the new babies! Kim is due Jan. 1 and Adam and Camarie are Due March 22. Good luck with potty training. That is definitely my least favorite kid thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a picture of clara holding the old lady purse! That is so funny! Kinda reminds me of you and your bonnet.

    ReplyDelete