Adam and I returned from Las Vegas on a Sunday and on Monday morning Clara and I headed to Utah with Julie and spent the week with her. We mainly just played together throughout the week - Taylor and Madelyn were so cute with Clara and played and played with her. Julie spoiled Clara the whole time. James was out of town for training, so he missed out on the sister fun time. She kept saying that she was in Grandma mode. One of the days we went to Costco and were by the chips. Clara kept asking me for Cheetos and I told her no a few times. Then she said, "Julie, I want those" (pointing to the Cheetos) and Julie didn't hear her, so I told her no again. Clara put her hand in my face and said, "I not talking to you, I talking to Julie!" Then of course Julie heard that and was like, "What do you want Clara?" and then bought the Cheetos for her...naughty naughty.
We saw Grandma Nina on one of the days which was fun. It's been too long - I like it when she's lives closer! :)
Cathy and Sarah came and joined us on Thursday, Adam joined us Friday night, then Karen and Cole and Jay joined us on Saturday. On Saturday the Holmes had a Christmas party at a movie theatre, so we took everyone there - it was Clara's first time to the movie theatre - and saw Puss in Boots. She didn't sit through the whole thing, but I think she liked it for the most part.
After that Julie needed to drop off some stuff at Aunt Debi's house, so we all stopped by there to see them. Uncle Dave showed us his hunting collection and let Clara, Sarah and Cole sit on the stuffed bear - they liked that. It was good to also see Aunt Sue and Makenzie.
Next we headed to their second Christmas Party which was at Hollywood Connection - we had pizza and the kids rode on all the rides over and over again - they had a carousel, a bus that did big circles, some spinny ride, and a mini roller coaster. Clara and Cole were all over the adventurous rides, but Sarah was a little timid. I think they all had fun though.
After we got them all naps, we went to Madelyn's play, Cinderella. The little toddlers LOVED it and were enthralled by the whole thing. Clara sat through it better than she sits through ANYTHING, including watching movies at home even. She wanted to meet Cinderella after and when she did she was all quiet and timid. Then when we walked away she said she wanted to touch her dress...ha!
We went to church on Sunday and heard Taylor give his first talk ever. He did a great job!
It was fun to spend some time with the Holmes family - we love them!
No comments:
Post a Comment