I am three weeks away from welcoming this new little girl into our home. I'm excited, nervous, happy, scared...and a lot more emotions. Clara is so excited, I just hope she stays that way when she meets her and realizes she can't really play yet and takes a lot of mom's time. How do you really prepare a little 2 1/2 year old for that when she's used to her world being mostly about her? I'm trying, so hopefully some of it pays off.
Some funny things Clara has said in the last little bit:
- She sang "I lived in heaven a long time ago it is true" in the middle of WalMart and then turned to me and with her eyebrows wrinkled and her inquisitive voice she said, "Is it true?" It was so cute and so funny. Sometimes her inquisitiveness can be exhausting, but in this case I love that she really thinks about things and asks questions.
- The other day I was on the computer and phone trying to figure out the pediatrician for this baby that will be closer to home and she wanted my attention. I said, "I'm trying to figure out which doctor your baby will go to, so I'll help you in just a second" and she said, "They need to have suckers". I said, "Is that all I need to make sure they do?" and she said, "Ya". So silly.
- For her nap on Saturday Adam was laying by her and Clara sat straight up and started convulsing her body (I don't know how else to describe what he said she was doing) and he said, "What are you doing?" and she said, "I'm growing".
- This morning she was in the other room and yelled, "Mommy" as she ran into the room, like it was an emergency, then she said, "My heart loves you". I love that girl.
We have had a struggle having Clara go down for bed lately and she has been liking to wake up 1 and 2 times a night. Hopefully it will discontinue, but I think I need to record that so when Clara has her own children and is complaining about their sleep habits, it will be written that she was a little stinker too! :) Okay, I don't really want to share this one, but I think I need to. I was so tired one morning after being up with her for 2 hours because she was being stubborn that I was crying a little. I decided to give up on having her sleep and started reading her books at around 5:30 am, and since I was still crying a little she turned toward me and said, "Read it happier". That made me laugh.
I got an iPhone for my birthday and have to say it is pretty awesome. It is a time suck, but is also so convenient that I hardly ever get on the laptop to blog and such. Hopefully I can get better at updating this.
Can I just tell you too that I have the best husband on the planet. He is so busy and stressed at work, but never ceases to be a good dad and husband. Just had to add that to this random post.
She is such a cutie face! Thanks for updating your blog. Love you!
ReplyDelete