Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Happenings

Wow, first of all I'm terrible at keeping this thing up.  Ellie is now 2 months old tomorrow!  Where does the time go?  Seriously! 

Here are some things that have happened around here.

A couple saturdays ago the sun was shining but it was a little chilly and I was sick of sitting around or doing chores - so we went to Jump Creek to dink around.  I had been there a few times but it was Adam's first time.  Lots of fun and so nice to be out in the fresh air.  While we were there, some people were rappelling down the water fall - sounds like that would be fun, but watching them didn't make it look too fun.  First of all it was cold-ish, the waterfall was splashing them in the face as they were coming down, and they were going so stinkin' slow that it looked real boring.  So, we think we'll have to try doing that in the summer and go faster of course!

Last Friday Adam and I had our first date away from Ellie and we came back to a house with sleeping kids.  So, I think it was successful! :)  We went hiking up to Table Rock and then had dinner at Flat Bread Pizza downtown.  The weather was perfect and it was fun to get out and active together again.  Of course we didn't get pictures, but it was awesome!  It made us miss downtown Boise.  Such a fun place! I am a lucky girl to have Adam for my husband - he really is perfect for me and the best friend I've ever had and will ever have. 

About a month ago a co-worker from Simplot pass away and he left a beautiful wife and two young kids.  He was in his early 30's, was a runner, and found out he had a super rare form of cancer and battled it for a year - then pnemonia struck and his body couldn't fight it in its fragile state. It really was a reality check as to how fragile life is and how we have to make the most of every day because we really never know how long we have here.  I ache for his wife who will have a heavy load on her shoulders to be a single parent now, and for his kids who will have to learn to be okay without their dad.  It makes me want to take life a little slower and savor each moment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment