Ellie is 3 1/2 months old and is so much fun. She is sleeping through the night sometimes or only waking up once and is finally starting to take a binky which makes me so happy! She is also sucking her thumb/fingers lately which is cute. She blows bubbles all the time and will coo and make bubble noises back to me so we sometimes call her Bubs. She really does usually smile for me, but no such luck for this picture! :) She kind of always has that surprised look on her face - cute and hilarious. I think she looks like my dad - thoughts? She has the softest cry still and usually only cries if she needs something or if she's gassy. And speaking of gas, she has loud gas like her Aunt Karen.
Side note about the soft cry - a doctor in our ward commented on how soft her cry was and said some of the newborns he works with have louder cries that she does. I asked if there was anything to be worried about and he said to just count my blessings! Then he said that if she was suctioned out (which she was) that they could have damaged vocal chords. Fantastic, good to know. I guess time will tell if she has damaged vocal chords or if she's just a dainty crier (unlike her big sis).
Clara is getting along with her swimmingly - the only incident so far was when I turned away at Wyatt's track meet and Ellie started screaming - there were Clara-sized bite marks on her cheek. Clara admitted to doing it. I don't really know where that came from - she's usually so nice to her sis and hasn't bitten people before. I think I got that under wraps though when I told Clara that if she did that again I would have to show her how it felt and bite her back - that freaked her out, so I don't think she'll try it again.
Clara says Ellie is her best friend and I think they'll get along great as they grow up. At least I hope so! :)
No she does not look like dad...huh? I cant believe how much shes grown up already. And I love that you used swimmingly in a sentence. :-)
ReplyDelete